Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This will be a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide.
Students and Staff can now access Adobe Spark through the new tile in the AISD Portal!
- Adobe Spark empowers students and teachers to easily create and share visual stories.
for more information, check the Spark for Education page.
- Use this tutorial (http://bit.ly/aisdspark) to show you how to create your account and get started creating!
My student can’t see Google content in BLEND.
- If a non-AISD Google account has become associated with Google in BLEND, students will not get access to Google content in BLEND. If a student is having trouble with Google in BLEND, have them follow this video for the steps to fix the issue.
What information is most useful to get my ServiceNow ticket properly routed and quickly addressed?
- Please fill as many fields as you can with as much detail as you can.
- type of issue
- description of issue – the more detail, the better
- who experiences the issue
- students – include a student number if possible
- include a link to the BLEND course or, even better, page with the issue
- If an access issue (BrainPop, IXL, Dreambox, etc), share where the access is a challenge
- from BLEND (share URL if applicable)
- from Portal
- from direct URL
- If entering a ticket for a student, PLEASE include as much of the above information as possible.
Should I set starting and ending dates for my courses in BLEND?
- The start and end of courses are set automatically, do not set dates as it can interrupt student access to a course. If you have set dates on your course, you can delete them. If you have difficulty, please reach out to your technology design coach
Will Technology Design Team Virtual Office Hours still happen?
The district will be closed for Thanksgiving week.
Virtual Office hours will resume on November 30th.
Virtual Office Hours with the Technology Design Team will happen on Mondays-Thursdays from 9:00-11:00 AM and 3:00-5:00 PM and on Fridays from 3:00-5:00 PM. Please check the Global Announcement in BLEND for the Zoom link.
My students’ iPads just updated and now images are gone in BLEND!
- One of our amazing campus technologists, Tracie DaSilva, created a video that addresses this issue. See if this video addresses your image issues.
How can I tell if my student’s iPad is registered and getting updates?
- If you suspect your student’s iPad is not properly registered and getting updates, there are three ways you can tell.
This video demonstrates how to tell if your iPad is registered.
- This document shows how to complete enrollment of your district iPad.