Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This will be a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide.
The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
The Technology Design Team is excited to announce our 5th Annual Blended Learning Summit (bit.ly/blsummit2021) via Zoom on Saturday, March 6, 2021, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Participants may register for the morning, afternoon, or both.
Information updates will be on the TDT Blog.
Registration is now open via HCP (Sections 96628 and 96630).
Sessions are PLED eligible.
Why is my PlayPosit video giving me the error “Video Streams Fail to Load”?
- Failed Streams in PlayPosit are usually bulbs that are using YouTube videos that are not approved, have been set to Private, or have been removed altogether from YouTube.
- A PRIVATE YouTube link will not work in BLEND or Playposit. It must be public or “unlisted.”
- Your Technology Design Coach can approve YouTube videos for student viewing.
Is there a way for a teacher to manually submit a BLEND quiz for a student if they accidentally forgot to submit?
It depends on the type of BLEND (Canvas) Quiz. Here are some resources from the Canvas guides to help!
- For Classic (Old) Canvas Quiz: How do I manually submit outstanding student quiz submissions?
- For Canvas New Quiz: How do I moderate a student’s assessment attempt in New Quizzes?
You can also add an “Available until” date, and then it will automatically submit also.
How can I help students who are having issues accessing content embedded from Google Drive in BLEND?
- Often this is related to Google being authorized to a non-AISD Google account.
This video demonstrates how to verify and fix Google authorization in BLEND.
- Less often, it is because Google cookies are being blocked.
This video demonstrates checking and fixing Google cookie issues.
- If there is still a problem, have the student check for any extensions, themes, or games they may have installed that may be creating conflict.
Where did my concluded BLEND courses go? How do I access them?
This video on managing courses in your BLEND Dashboard should help you find your Past Enrollment and Concluded Courses in BLEND. Go to “Courses” and then “All Courses.” Your past enrollments and concluded courses show up toward the very bottom of that list.
My student teacher for this semester has finished orientation and has their A number now. How do I add them to my BLEND course?
This video on how to add teachers to your BLEND course should help.
Will Technology Design Team Virtual Office Hours still happen?
Virtual Office Hours with the Technology Design Team for next week will happen on Monday-Thursday from 9:00-11:00 AM and 3:00-5:00 PM and on Friday from 3:00-5:00 PM. Please check the Global Announcement in BLEND for the Zoom link.
How can I log into Google on an iPad? Is there a video I can share with parents?
This video demonstrates the process of logging into Google on your iPad.
What next steps might I take to help a student whose sound/audio recordings are not getting captured on their Seesaw assignments?
Here are some things students can check on an iPad:
- Go into settings and scroll down until you see the Seesaw app. Tap on it and look to make sure that the microphone is enabled.
- Are students on the Zoom call while they’re trying to work on their Seesaw assignments that don’t capture their recordings? If so, try having students exit the Zoom, then work on their Seesaw assignment.
- Reaching out to Seesaw’s support site might also help troubleshoot.
My student teacher for this semester has finished orientation and has their A number now. How do I add them as a co-teacher to my Seesaw course?