Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This will be a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide.
The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
How can I support students monitoring their grades in Frontline/TEAMS?
This video demonstrates how students can access their grades online.
How can I locate submissions in BLEND for a student who has left my class?
On the right side of the student name field in the BLEND gradebook are 3 dots that appear when you hover over the space. Click on concluded enrollments to show former students in the gradebook. You will then be able to access as submissions from those students.
When looking at specific students in BLEND Analytics, what constitutes an “interaction” vs. “page view”?
Page View is essentially if the page was requested by an app or browser.
Participations/interactions require some level of submission or creation.
Additional information can be found in this Canvas Community article.
Will Technology Design Team Virtual Office Hours still happen?
Please note the different hours for this week.
The Technology Design Team will be joining the Austin ISD family in Spring Break.Virtual Office Hours with the Technology Design Team will return Monday, March 22nd. Virtual Office Hours with the Technology Design Team will happen on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00-11:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM and on Tuesday and Friday from 2:00-4:00 PM.
Please check the Global Announcement in BLEND for the Zoom link.
My student has the wrong Blend tiles on their iPad. What can I do?
When students, especially siblings, mix up their iPads, a student can be seeing the courses for another student. First, make certain the student has the iPad assigned to them. You can verify the account authenticated in the Jamf Student app to see who the iPad should belong to.
Student iPads are showing Offline when teacher accesses Apple Classroom from a class tile. What should you do?
- Make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both on with devices you want to add to your Apple Classroom.
- Ensure that all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- If a single student is not connecting to your class and all the others can, restart that iPad and try again.
- If multiple students are unable to connect to the class, restart the teacher iPad and try again.
- If the previous step don’t address the issue, enter a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician look into your iPad and network configurations.
I have a student who is not showing up in Apple Classroom. What can I do?
- Check student’s iPad to ensure their iPad is registered to them. This video demonstrates the process.
- Submit a ServiceNow so that your student can be enrolled – if student is enrolled to two devices or if siblings have one another’s iPads a TDC or Chris have to make this switch. **Note: in Jamf School admin account, you will need to select the campus from top drop down NOT Austin ISD