Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This will be a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide.The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
My campus registrar made changes in TEAMS/Frontline. When will I see these roster changes made in BLEND, Seesaw, and other district-rostered systems?
- Roster changes that happen in TEAMS by about 4:00 PM should be reflected in BLEND the next day or within 24 to 48 hours.
- If you are experiencing issues with rostering after the initial 48 hours, enter a ServiceNow ticket.
My students can’t see my BLEND content! Can you help?
- This is most commonly because something isn’t published.
- There are three places to publish content to make it visible for students
- Publish all three so students can see.
How can I use my BLEND (Canvas) content I previously created in a course that has ended?
You can import content from any active or concluded course in which you are a teacher or TA. It is recommended that you review your course content to choose whether you want to import portions of your course or the entire course. Importing an entire course will override any current settings in your course including the course image, navigation settings, course settings, and others. It is recommended that you remove all due dates by selecting the appropriate options under “Adjust events and due dates.” Please allow time for imported content to appear. DO NOT try to import content multiple times.
Any enrolled students in currently active courses will be able to see any imported content that was published in the course you are importing from. You can unpublish a module or page to make these items unavailable until a later date if you choose.
Resource: How to access past enrollments (silent screencast)
Resource: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
Resource: Preparing for the End of Year & Upcoming Year in BLEND
How do I access blueprint content if my course is not blueprinted?
- If you would like access to blueprint content but do not have a blueprint associated course, please use this form to request to be added as a TA to a blueprint course in order to view and copy content.
- Want more helpful tips and blueprint information? Don’t forget about the Blueprint 2.0 Teacher Checklist!
- ***Reminder: Kinder-2nd grade blueprint content was pushed into Reading and Reading Spanish DL courses this year instead of the homeroom course.
- ***Reminder: Student Online Safety Learning Experiences can be found in the following courses: Reading (Kinder-2nd), Homeroom (3rd-5th) and Advisory Courses (6th-12th)
I have stacked class rosters and they come in as multiple course tiles in BLEND. How can I combine them into 1 course per prep?
Teachers can combine sections into a course tile by crosslisting section from one course to another.
What are some different ways that students can submit Google assignments in BLEND, and how does that impact the teacher and student experience?
- Quick Reference & Comparison for different Google submissions in BLEND
- This video demonstrates the teacher’s view of the process.
- This video demonstrates the student’s view of the process.
How can I find another user’s place in a Google document?
This video demonstrates this simple process.
Brainpop now has a help desk for teachers and other staff.
Technology Design Team Virtual Office Hours
The Technology Design Team is hosting virtual office hours to help provide real time instructional technology support in the first weeks of school. Virtual Office Hours with the Technology Design Team will happen on Monday-Friday from 8:00-9:00 AM , 11:00AM-1:00PM and 3:00-4:00 PM. Please check the Global Announcement in BLEND for the Zoom link.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.