Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
June 7th Blended Learning Summit. Registration is open!
The Technology Design Team is excited to announce our 6th Annual Blended Learning Summit for 2022 (http://bit.ly/2022blsummitflyer) via Zoom on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Participants may register for the morning, afternoon, or both. Registration is now open via HCP (Sections 99686 and 99687).
Join us for a day of learning and collaboration where Austin ISD teachers and the Technology Design Team will share stories, strategies, and skills to support personalization and blended learning around the strands of:
- Authentic Student Choice
- Student Goal Setting and Metacognition
- Using Data to Personalize
- Meaningful Feedback
Participants will choose their own learning path of sessions based on their interests and needs. This will be a virtual event and is PLED eligible with principal approval. Please see the link below for updates on the schedule and other information about the event: bit.ly/2022blssched.
Can my students still participate in the Minecraft: Education Edition: Build a Better City: Austin challenge? What is the deadline?
- Information on the Minecraft Build Challenge is available on the Austin ISD website and will provide support throughout the challenge event. Student teams will organize to research and develop solutions on the prompt, “How can we make Austin streets more people-friendly while moving towards Net-zero goals in Austin?”
- The build challenge ends May 13th.
Can I create my own BLEND course for student clubs, for professional learning, or to build new course content?
- Yes! AISD staff members with a Teacher-like role in BLEND can start a new BLEND course at any time by using “Start a New Course” link in the BLEND Help menu.
- For details, check out the BLEND Start a New Course – Process Google Doc.
- A video overview of this process is available!
My student’s Chromebook is stuck on a version below 100. What should I do?
- Students can restart their Chromebooks to get the latest version update.
- If that fails, powerwashing the Chromebook should update the version.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.