Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
June 7th Blended Learning Summit. Registration is open and space is available!
The Technology Design Team is excited to announce our 6th Annual Blended Learning Summit for 2022 (http://bit.ly/2022blsummitflyer) via Zoom on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Participants may register for the morning, afternoon, or both. Registration is now open via HCP (Sections 99686 and 99687).
Join us for a day of learning and collaboration where Austin ISD teachers and the Technology Design Team will share stories, strategies, and skills to support personalization and blended learning around the strands of:
- Authentic Student Choice
- Student Goal Setting and Metacognition
- Using Data to Personalize
- Meaningful Feedback
Participants will choose their own learning path of sessions based on their interests and needs. This will be a virtual event and is PLED eligible with principal approval. Please see the link below for updates on the schedule and other information about the event: bit.ly/2022blssched.
Can I still complete the Level 1 Google Educator certification?
In partnership with Google Workspace for Education, instructional staff are eligible for a Google Level 1 Certification learning opportunity for Austin ISD. The friEdOnline Level 1 Academy is an immersive online experience designed to prepare educators for the Google Level 1 Certification through a series of meaningful and hands-on challenges. During completion of the interactive tasks, educators create products that simulate relevant work while learning the material covered on the exam. A voucher to take the exam is included once the course is completed.
Please share this flyer with all instructional staff at your campus. Any interested staff may complete their interest form on the following website by selecting the ‘Application’ icon and then selecting ‘Austin ISD.’
If you’re interested in hearing about the program, check out this blog post by Roger Grape, guy-brarian at Blackshear Elementary on his experience.
Can I add additional HMH Ed programs to my class?
HMH Ed™ requires that teachers specify the programs that are available for each of their classes. As a teacher, when you first log in to Ed and prior to associating programs to a class, you see all the programs that your school is entitled to. However, to ensure that your students only see the programs you teach, you must choose the programs that you want associated with each of your class(es).
This document demonstrates the process.
What information do my graduating seniors need to know about technology considerations for the end of the year?
Please share the following information with your graduating seniors to support their transition:
- Return your Austin ISD Chromebook, charger, and case to the appropriate person on your campus (provide them the name, location, and due date – varied per campus).
- Students are not able to purchase their Austin ISD Chromebook, but are eligible to purchase a brand new Chromebook at a discounted rate through our vendor partner.
Use this link to access purchasing options and information.
- All Austin ISD students will lose access to district systems after the end of the school year. While you still have access to your Austin ISD portal account, please consider the following:
- Students can take all of their Google Drive work with them easily. Google Takeout allows users to create .zip files of selected content. Please note that this must be done before access to your district login and account is removed. Large Google Drives may take several days to completely process so it is beneficial to begin this process in case of any issues.
- Resource: Archiving All Content From Your AISD Google Account written guide
- Resource: Archiving Content from your AISD Google Account Video
- Students may download all of their BLEND (Canvas) submissions. Open BLEND from the AISD portal and use this link to access the directions for this process.
- This information is also available in document format.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.